- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Michigan State Football Recruit In Police Custody After Allegedly Bodyslamming A Security Guard (Video)
Jayru Campbell is a four-star quarterback recruit from Cass Tech in Detroit who is committed to Michigan State, and tonight he’s in police custody for allegedly bodyslamming a security guard at his high school on Wednesday. The violent act, caught on video on one student’s cell phone, seems to show Campbell, a junior, hoisting the guard and slamming him on his head in a crowded hallway. Some students could be heard pleading with the student to delete the video.
It quickly went viral, however, after Diehard Sports put it on YouTube despite the student deleting it some hours ago.
It’s unclear as to whether coaches and administrators at Michigan State — to which Campbell has committed on a full ride scholarship for 2015 — have seen the video.
It’s hard to tell by the video exactly who is involved, but multiple students have confirmed that Campbell was the aggressor, and WXYZ is reporting that his high school football coach confirmed that Campbell got in trouble on Wednesday.
Campbell was suspended in Nov. of 2013 for punching a Detroit Catholic Central player in the handshake line following Cass’ State Championship loss.
- Filed Under:
- Jayru Campbell
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep
- Will Timothy Bradley Take Down Pacquiao Again?
- Anthony Johnson Has A Challenge For You
- Can Maidana Overpower Mayweather?