- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Mike Francesa Missed The Heisman Vote, Most Likely Slept Through It
Mike Francesa has lost a step or two. The highest billed sports radio jockey in all the land is having a rough couple of months. First he starts falling asleep on air. Then he falls asleep on air again. He was single-handedly responsible for the cancellation of the New York Marathon, but as soon as he got back on the horse, Mike fell off again. He confirmed today that he forgot to submit his Heisman vote.
You see, Francesa knows that the vote is usually due in the Monday after the Army/Navy Game. But this year, said game is uncharacteristically late, prompting Francesa to undergo an existential crisis at the possibility of the Army/Navy Game — typically a week before the Heisman ceremony — and the Heisman ceremony happening on the same night. Well Mike, they are, and your ballot was due a few days ago.
Mike would’ve had to choose between Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o, and Texas A&M freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel. Francesa prognosticated himself that Manziel is the odds-on favorite to win the Heisman and become the first freshman to do so. But prognosticate was all he was able to do.
Better luck next year, Mike.
[The Big Lead, Getty Images]
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Ultimate Warrior's Hall Of Fame Speech Among Most Iconic WWE Moments
- FOX Sports' Joe Buck Ties The Knot With Someone In The Industry
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends