- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Nick Saban Just Basically Disciplined Alabama Fans For Not Being Good Enough Fans
A day after Saban criticized ‘Bama fans for leaving early, the school has suspended 20 student organization’s block seating for Today’s game against Tennessee — for exactly that reason.
[Via ESPN] The university’s guidelines for the block seating lists “excessive tardiness or early departure from the stadium” as “unacceptable behavior,” according to the Birmingham News.
Now, the students who want to sit through an entire 52-0 blowout will be allowed to sit in the seats normally allotted to fraternities and sororities — who clearly have better things to do than watch an NFL team beat up on a Pop Warner squad.
The Alabama student section has better things to do during the second half. pic.twitter.com/NZVivESPZg
— Jonathan Biles (@Jonathan_Biles) October 20, 2013
Saban had this to say:
[Via Los That Sports] “My sense of it is, I always say the fans are a part of the team,” Saban said, according to the Anniston Star. “Everybody else should have the same sort of commitment. You don’t have to do the work all week, you don’t have to practice, you don’t have to come in at 7 in the morning and leave at 11 at night, you don’t have to do any of that stuff.
“All you have to do is come to the game, drink beer, do whatever you want, party in the parking lot. I’ve never been at a tailgate in my life. All I’m asking is that you just come and have fun and stay for the whole game.”
Never tailgated in your life, Nick? Really? Sounds like you just don’t understand what it’s like to be a fan with a normal life and other shit to do. That, or he doesn’t care what the fans think, because he’s on his way to Texas…
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story