- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Ditka Has No Tolerance For The 'Redskins' Name Controversy
- 4 NFL Players Whose ADP Has Shifted For Better Or Worse
- USA Basketball Might Bring A 13th Player To Spain Just To Cut Him
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Nick Saban Promises Recruits That They’ll Be Really Rich If They Come Play Football For Alabama
Nick Saban could just use his BCS Championship trophies as a recruiting pitch, because what says “come play football for us” better than three national championships in the last four years? Oh, money does.
Don’t worry Tide fans, Saban & Co. aren’t promising to pay players so there’s no recruiting violation here, but they are strongly hinting that recruits have a good chance at getting rich if they come to ‘Bama.
Here’s the recruiting leaflet that the team has been sending out to high school players:
Just in case you can’t read the fine print under the massive dollar amount, it says:
ALL NINE MEMBERS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA’S 2013 NFL DRAFT CLASS SIGNED A 4-YEAR CONTRACT TO PLAY IN THE NFL. THE COMBINED WORTH OF THOSE CONTRACTS WAS IN EXCESS OF FIFTY-ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
The leaflet adds on the bottom that “the process pays off,” and it apparently does so quite literally. Championships, trophies, and accolades are great, but money talks and cash is king. You aren’t going to find a stronger recruiting pitch than this out there.
The best part of this leaflet is the mental image of NCAA
Dictator President Mark Emmert sitting at his desk fuming over this. ‘Bama is telling everyone that college football is actually about money and not just the love of the game and a free education. Nick Saban is letting out the NCAA’s deepest, darkest secret! How dare he!
- Drew Brees "Randomly" Drug Tested After Career Comments
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?