- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Some Coach Told A No.1 Recruit He Could Meet Michael Jackson If He Plays For His School
College football coaches will say or give a five-star recruit just about anything for a letter of commitment. But what if that thing is a dead pop singer?
Last weekend, the nation’s number one recruit, defensive end Da’Shawn Hand, told CBSSports.com about the strangest thing a college coach has said to him during recruitment:
Q: What is the craziest thing that has happened to you since you’ve been named the nation’s No. 1 recruit?
Hand: Well, I ain’t gonna say any names, but one coach told me that since I’m the No. 1 player, I’m gonna get to meet Michael Jackson. I said, “Isn’t he already dead?” The coach goes, “Well, all right, you can meet Tito.” I was like, all right. OK, I’m done.
It was crazy, but it is what it is.
What kind of coach tries this shit? It’s the ultimate “all in” move. Either the kid is going to think you’re crazy or he is one of the handful of people in the world that doesn’t know Michael Jackson is dead and he signs a letter of commitment that day.
Then the coach tries to save the situation by promising a meeting with Tito Jackson. Who we all know has a huge falling among 18 year old males. Also, Da’Shawn, you don’t have to end every answer with “it is what it is,” “it was crazy” is a perfect end to that story.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts