- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 9 RB Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Reggie Miller Calls ESPN Story On Kobe Bryant A 'Coward's Approach To Journalism'
- Russia Unveiled Its 2018 World Cup Logo From A Space Station
- Dick's Sporting Goods TV Commercial Names Royals World Series Champion
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
North Alabama Player Booted From Team For Racist Obama Tweet
NBC pre-empted last night’s Sunday Night Football matchup between the Patriots and 49ers with coverage of President Obama’s speech at the prayer vigil for victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting. That led to Bradley Patterson, an “uninvited walk-on long snapper” for the North Alabama football team, to write a tragically misguided and hateful tweet that will follow him around for a very long time.
Patterson was summarily removed from the team, a fact which was later confirmed by the school’s athletic director. He quickly deleted his account. As The Big Lead notes, the AL.com article noting Patterson’s transgression really stuck it to him by describing him as an “uninvited walk-on long snapper.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts