- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
North Alabama Player Booted From Team For Racist Obama Tweet
NBC pre-empted last night’s Sunday Night Football matchup between the Patriots and 49ers with coverage of President Obama’s speech at the prayer vigil for victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting. That led to Bradley Patterson, an “uninvited walk-on long snapper” for the North Alabama football team, to write a tragically misguided and hateful tweet that will follow him around for a very long time.
Patterson was summarily removed from the team, a fact which was later confirmed by the school’s athletic director. He quickly deleted his account. As The Big Lead notes, the AL.com article noting Patterson’s transgression really stuck it to him by describing him as an “uninvited walk-on long snapper.”
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- 25 WAGs of Athletes You've Never Heard Of