- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Bizarre Scene At European Youth Boxing Match, Ref Gets KO'd
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
North Alabama Player Booted From Team For Racist Obama Tweet
NBC pre-empted last night’s Sunday Night Football matchup between the Patriots and 49ers with coverage of President Obama’s speech at the prayer vigil for victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting. That led to Bradley Patterson, an “uninvited walk-on long snapper” for the North Alabama football team, to write a tragically misguided and hateful tweet that will follow him around for a very long time.
Patterson was summarily removed from the team, a fact which was later confirmed by the school’s athletic director. He quickly deleted his account. As The Big Lead notes, the AL.com article noting Patterson’s transgression really stuck it to him by describing him as an “uninvited walk-on long snapper.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts