- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Ohio State Band Does It Again: Tribute To Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address Is Amazing (VIDEO)
It’s the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, as you know, so Ohio State’s marching band paid tribute in their unique way during halftime of Saturday’s game with Indiana. My favorite part of “New Birth Of Freedom”: firing the cannon, which you rarely see marching bands do without a real cannon.
Is this the band’s best effort so far? Hard to say: check out other routines here, among them their Salute to Michael Jackson, including an imnpressive moonwalk. How about Abraham Lincoln moonwalking? That would have been great. Perhaps next year.
I did have a question about this, however:
Why is a Civil War commander riding a rhinoceros into battle? The answer is lost in the mists of history.
- Filed Under:
- Ohio State
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story