- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
College Football Mascot Fight Quickly Turns Ugly (Video)
Well, this is just unfortunate. Ohio State’s mascot, Brutus Buckeye, was accosted by Ohio’s mascot, Rufus Bobcat, as he led his team onto the field during Saturday’s Ohio State-Ohio matchup.
The Buckeye’s won the game, 43-7, and also, it appears, the pregame mascot battle.
As you can see from the video, Rufus is clearly the instigator. He takes a running start and attempts to tackle Brutus to the ground, but to no avail (according to a message board post by someone claiming to be the guy in the Brutus Buckeye suit, once Rufus approached, he “lowered [his] shoulder and sent [Brutus] to the ground and his head popped off,” which is “the pinnacle of mascot embarrassment”).
As if that wasn’t enough, Rufus comes back for more, and appears to be legitimately punching Brutus the Buckeye. Usually, mascot fights are playful fare, but this one required security to break it up.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'