- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Oklahoma State Coach’s Press Conference Interrupted By Justin Bieber Ringtone
It turns out Justin Bieber has more fans than just tween girls: the 16-year-old pop sensation apparently has a new devotee.
He’s a man, and he’s 40.
Yep, Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is jumping on the bandwagon.
A few days ago, Bieber was doing a radio interview with Disney when he got a phone call revealing that his ring tone for every phone call is—for unexplained reasons—Gundy’s infamous postgame tirade, during which he yelled “Come after me! I’m a man! I’m 40!”
The Oklahoma State coach now has a new ring tone, as well. Apparently he saw the news that the pop star was a fan of his rant, and changed his ring accordingly. In a press conference Monday, Gundy was in the middle of speaking when Bieber’s “Baby” began playing from his cell phone. The coach checked his phone and put it away before a reporter said, “Mike, it can’t be pure coincidence that Justin Bieber has you as his ringtone and you have him as your ringtone.”
Gundy responded, deadpan: “Well I changed mine last night. I figured if he was going to use my ringtone then I should start to use his ringtone.”
That’s when the press conference took a turn towards discussing the coach being a fan of Bieber’s, as well his opinion (serious, or not) that the singer should buy a suite come perform at an Oklahoma State game. After Knicks fans booed Bieber at Madison Square Garden, it can’t possibly be a good idea to have him perform in front of a student section filled with drunken frat boys in Stillwater.
While that concert will likely never go down, the press conference (staged or not) is definitely worth a watch:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success