- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Like Those Insane Oregon Rose Bowl Chrome Helmets? Well, One’s Up For Bid On eBay
Thanks to Nike co-founder and chairman/Oregon alum Phil Knight, the Ducks’ uniforms have become the stuff of legend. Their Rose Bowl ensemble was no exception, with the reflective HydraChrome helmets in particular generating plenty of buzz among the blogosphere.
Well, one of the first helmets to get loose from the team is up for bid on eBay. The current bid stands at $1,250, though the unknown reserve has yet to be met and could amount to a couple thousand dollars.
Perhaps most surprising about this whole entreprenurial venture is that the helmet in question wasn’t even used during the Rose Bowl, but during a practice on Dec. 19. This small detail, though, hasn’t deterred the 32 individuals who have already placed a bid on the incredibly shiny piece of headgear.
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- The Year Of Serena Williams