- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Oregon’s Darth Vader Rose Bowl Costumes Get More Awesome With Chrome Winged Helmets
Oregon’s uniforms are usually ripe for blog fodder, and even though we’ve already directed you towards Nike’s special edition threads that the Ducks will wear for tonight’s Rose Bowl, there is a new development at which we think you should take a gander. Be careful not to stare too long at these helmets: it may blind you.
The Ducks have added a new wrinkle to their already sweet, Darth Vader-esque all black unis. Not only are the helmets a sweet chrome, but depending on which angle you look at them, you’ll see the delicate outline of wings. This is all a part of a few other features of the uniform that apparently change color or add an effect based on where you are looking. From Nike’s release (via UniWatch):
The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s rich heritage. Design elements include:
• A completely re-designed number system boasting an iridescent sheen similar to that on a mallard’s feathers. The larger, bolder numbers shift in color as they move.
• An armored wing design resting on new material engineered for maximum strength along the shoulder area
• A new look for the helmet featuring bright wings atop a mirrored appearance using a LiquidMetal black finish never before seen on the field. Though the wings are featured on the side, the iconic Oregon “O” still appears on the helmet located in a unique top-center placement.
This is all to say to Wisconsin and adidas, I assume that no matter how many little places you try to sneak roses, no one will be talking about your uniforms. Sorry. This is just what the Ducks and Nike do.
- Jon Lester Admits His Problems with Living in Oakland
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'