- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Pac-12′s New Promo Video Will Get You More Pumped Up For The English Language Than Football
You know, this Pac-12 football promo starts out pretty normally. “Not the beginning of the story,” “not the end” – the usual sorts of clichés you expect to hear bandied about in promotional videos. You’ve got the background footage of practices, fans, stadium entrances – some of it pretty cool, all of it pretty standard. Classic footage, photos of Pat Tillman and Bill Walsh – the kind of people the Pac-12 would rightly highlight for having been part of its history…but still, for this type of video, one designed solely to get you pumped up for the Pac-12, nothing out of the ordinary.
Then, 45 seconds in, the narrator says “rhythmic drumbeats of differentiation.”
Even before then, when he says the Pac-12 represents “a relentless narrative crystallized through the ages,” you get the feeling this might not just be typical rah-rah stuff, but the drum metaphor is the official signal this is going to be something more verbose than your normal let’s-promote-our-football-conference ad. And it pretty much keeps on going like that – a “procession of field marshals” here, a “belligerent antithesis” (belligerent antithesis!!!) there.
Plus, the section beginning at 2:54, featuring teams getting themselves amped before games? We’re not even fans of any Pac-12 team, but that got us legitimately fired up for football. But we’re pretty sure we could never be as fired up for Pac-12 action as whoever wrote this promo is. Watch it below.
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story