- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Iowa State Football Coach Still Has No Problem Firing Team Up (Video)
Last year, after his team pulled off a 9-7 upset win on the road against Nebraska, Iowa State head football coach Paul Rhoads became a viral video sensation with this scene out of ISU’s jubilant postgame locker room (fast forward to 1:03 for his remarks):
And it’s easy to see why people ate it up. This is great stuff – a huge win for the program, and a coach and team with passion. So when Rhoads’ team managed another signature win on Saturday – a 28-21 win at Texas – what would he do for his Youtube encore?
Well, nothing quite on the level of what he gave us a year ago in Lincoln, but this is clearly still a team that believes in its leader. At 1:12, his remarks begin:
I can’t be the only person who watches this and wishes I could similarly fire up a room just by tossing a football away. Then again, if I helped my team to a win over a storied program on the road for the second straight year, I guess I’d deserve a room full of devotees. Kudos to Rhoads and his team, which is very much in the hunt for a second straight bowl game. Let’s just hope Rhoads lays off the ham sandwiches.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success