- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Bobby Petrino Put On Administrative Leave, Admits In A Statement To “Previous Inappropriate Relationship”
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long appeared before the media just after 11 PM and announced that he has placed coach Bobby Petrino on paid administrative leave until a review is completed.
In a statement distributed just prior to the news conference, Petrino admitted that he had not acknowledged the presence of a female passenger during his motorcycle accident, and that the police report’s details of Jessica Dorrell being with him at the time were correct. Petrino apologized to his family and to Razorback Nation, and said he hopes to keep his job at Arkansas. He also alluded not wanting a “previous inappropriate relationship” to become public. Petrino did not appear at the press conference in person.
Here is a (hastily taken picture of a) copy of Petrino’s statement.
Long was asked numerous times about the fate of Petrino’s job, but he refused to clarify. He instead referred to his plan to review the situation, and said he would decide after that what his course of action would be.
After taking a series of questions, Long abruptly ended the conference, about 10 minutes after it started.
It’s unclear whether this “inappropriate relationship” will be the undoing of Petrino at Arkansas, but for now he’ll have to wait and hope no more unflattering details come to light.
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- 50 Cent Will Fight Mayweather for $5 Mil
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement