- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Young Woman Reacts To News Of Osama Bin Laden’s Death With A “Roll Tide, Ya’ll!”
A college-aged woman reacted to news of Osama bin Laden’s death by happily shouting “Roll tide!”, the rally chant for the University of Alabama. FOX News cameras captured the happy exclamation as Geraldo Rivera heroically gauged the reaction to bin Laden’s death among the college-hoodie-cladded American youth.
Depending on how you feel about the reaction to bin Laden’s death, you either love this or hate this. Some believe that we should be boisterous after the death of America’s most symbolically evil person “since Hitler and Stalin.” Some believe we shouldn’t be puffing out our chests, since zealotry in the face of zealotry doesn’t do anyone any good. There are also the obvious security concerns.
Neither camp is wrong: we killed our greatest enemy in a firefight straight out of a Jerry Bruckheimer movie (great!), but we celebrated with front pages like this and this. Either way, it’s tough to come up with something poignant to say when a famous mustachioed TV person is holding up a microphone to you and Osama bin Laden is dead. So for now, roll tide ya’ll.
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- 10 Athletes We Don't Want to See in ESPN's Body Issue
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence