- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
This Week’s Sports Illustrated Penn State Cover Will Be One For The Ages
I’ve got two copies of old New York Times front pages stories in my house: September 12, 2001 (the day after 9/11, obviously) and November 5, 2008. (when Obama won the election.) They’re historic events that we’ve lived through that will forever be remembered. And now this week’s copy of Sports Illustrated is going to be added to that pile:
I can’t tell you how completely blindsided I was by this cover, but in a good way. This perfectly sums up the situation at Penn State. And aesthetically, I don’t think SI could have done a much better job. The situation at Penn State is far from being over – there will still be civil suits filed against employees of the college, for one – but enough has happened already to warrant a cover like this. And the cover strikes such a chord of darkness and disappointment – it’s just eerily good.
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever
- Roach Doesn't Want Pacquiao To Fight Provodnikov
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing