- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Stanford Athletics Traded Its Twitter Handle To Syracuse University For A Crate Of Oranges
They’re calling it the first athletic trade in major college history, and they may be right — unless you count signing a letter of intent in exchange for a new car. The a deal that could only happen in Palo Alto, the Stanford Athletic Department has traded its Twitter handle, @SUAthletics, to Syracuse University. In return, Syracuse will send Stanford a crate of oranges, plus other yet-to-be-named commodities.
Real quotes, from Stanford’s athletic site:
The roster move was necessitated after its new handle, @GoStanford, emerged as a two-sport star both as a hash tag (#gostanford) and Twitter handle.
“Obviously we’re thrilled to activate @GoStanford as our official Twitter handle and pull off this dynamic trade,” said Bernard Muir, The Jaquish & Kenninger Director of Athletics at Stanford. “From a branding standpoint, this trade makes sense for both schools. We held both accounts – the social media equivalent to having two starting quarterbacks, and we wanted to derive as much value fun as possible. We expect great things from our new starter, @GoStanford, and wish @SUAthletics good luck in a new home.”
It’s clear that the hypnotoad is now in charge at Stanford.
Hard to pick favorites in the Stanford band, but I'm gonna go with the tuba that says "all glory to the hypnotoad" pic.twitter.com/Idg4GDpWVx
— Bess Sadler (@eosadler) May 3, 2013
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers