- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Stanford Athletics Traded Its Twitter Handle To Syracuse University For A Crate Of Oranges
They’re calling it the first athletic trade in major college history, and they may be right — unless you count signing a letter of intent in exchange for a new car. The a deal that could only happen in Palo Alto, the Stanford Athletic Department has traded its Twitter handle, @SUAthletics, to Syracuse University. In return, Syracuse will send Stanford a crate of oranges, plus other yet-to-be-named commodities.
Real quotes, from Stanford’s athletic site:
The roster move was necessitated after its new handle, @GoStanford, emerged as a two-sport star both as a hash tag (#gostanford) and Twitter handle.
“Obviously we’re thrilled to activate @GoStanford as our official Twitter handle and pull off this dynamic trade,” said Bernard Muir, The Jaquish & Kenninger Director of Athletics at Stanford. “From a branding standpoint, this trade makes sense for both schools. We held both accounts – the social media equivalent to having two starting quarterbacks, and we wanted to derive as much value fun as possible. We expect great things from our new starter, @GoStanford, and wish @SUAthletics good luck in a new home.”
It’s clear that the hypnotoad is now in charge at Stanford.
Hard to pick favorites in the Stanford band, but I'm gonna go with the tuba that says "all glory to the hypnotoad" pic.twitter.com/Idg4GDpWVx
— Bess Sadler (@eosadler) May 3, 2013
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs