- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- Joe Montana's Son Wins For Saturday's Most Embarrassing Moment
- Colt McCoy's First NFL Pass Attempt Was A 70-Yard TD, So Here Are Some Photos Of His Wife
- There's No "I" In Rugby, But There Is In Fiji
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Stanford Athletics Traded Its Twitter Handle To Syracuse University For A Crate Of Oranges
They’re calling it the first athletic trade in major college history, and they may be right — unless you count signing a letter of intent in exchange for a new car. The a deal that could only happen in Palo Alto, the Stanford Athletic Department has traded its Twitter handle, @SUAthletics, to Syracuse University. In return, Syracuse will send Stanford a crate of oranges, plus other yet-to-be-named commodities.
Real quotes, from Stanford’s athletic site:
The roster move was necessitated after its new handle, @GoStanford, emerged as a two-sport star both as a hash tag (#gostanford) and Twitter handle.
“Obviously we’re thrilled to activate @GoStanford as our official Twitter handle and pull off this dynamic trade,” said Bernard Muir, The Jaquish & Kenninger Director of Athletics at Stanford. “From a branding standpoint, this trade makes sense for both schools. We held both accounts – the social media equivalent to having two starting quarterbacks, and we wanted to derive as much value fun as possible. We expect great things from our new starter, @GoStanford, and wish @SUAthletics good luck in a new home.”
It’s clear that the hypnotoad is now in charge at Stanford.
Hard to pick favorites in the Stanford band, but I'm gonna go with the tuba that says "all glory to the hypnotoad" pic.twitter.com/Idg4GDpWVx
— Bess Sadler (@eosadler) May 3, 2013
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'