- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Texas Honors Darrell Royal With Wishbone Offense, Kinda
Former Texas Longhorns coach and father of the wishbone offense, Darrell Royal, passed away Wednesday. To honor the UT legend, current Texas coach Mack Brown promised to run a play out of the wishbone today against Iowa State.
Fittingly, it worked to perfection, even if it wasn’t a typical wishbone play.
Whatever works, right?
Texas also paid tribute to Royall by having his initials, DKR, on the the Longhorn logo on their helmets and at midfield.
And as if by design, the Longhorns ultimately defeated Iowa State 33-7. A fitting end to a game played in tribute to a Texas great.
Photo via Brett Davis, US Presswire
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story