- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- Do We Need To Call Bullshit On Patrick Beverley?
- Here's What Jerry Jones Had To Say About Releasing The Backbone Of The Cowboys
- President Obama Sent A Box Of Beer To The Canadian Prime Minister
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Texas Honors Darrell Royal With Wishbone Offense, Kinda
Former Texas Longhorns coach and father of the wishbone offense, Darrell Royal, passed away Wednesday. To honor the UT legend, current Texas coach Mack Brown promised to run a play out of the wishbone today against Iowa State.
Fittingly, it worked to perfection, even if it wasn’t a typical wishbone play.
Whatever works, right?
Texas also paid tribute to Royall by having his initials, DKR, on the the Longhorn logo on their helmets and at midfield.
And as if by design, the Longhorns ultimately defeated Iowa State 33-7. A fitting end to a game played in tribute to a Texas great.
Photo via Brett Davis, US Presswire
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success