- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Texas Honors Darrell Royal With Wishbone Offense, Kinda
Former Texas Longhorns coach and father of the wishbone offense, Darrell Royal, passed away Wednesday. To honor the UT legend, current Texas coach Mack Brown promised to run a play out of the wishbone today against Iowa State.
Fittingly, it worked to perfection, even if it wasn’t a typical wishbone play.
Whatever works, right?
Texas also paid tribute to Royall by having his initials, DKR, on the the Longhorn logo on their helmets and at midfield.
And as if by design, the Longhorns ultimately defeated Iowa State 33-7. A fitting end to a game played in tribute to a Texas great.
Photo via Brett Davis, US Presswire
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship