- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Texas Honors Darrell Royal With Wishbone Offense, Kinda
Former Texas Longhorns coach and father of the wishbone offense, Darrell Royal, passed away Wednesday. To honor the UT legend, current Texas coach Mack Brown promised to run a play out of the wishbone today against Iowa State.
Fittingly, it worked to perfection, even if it wasn’t a typical wishbone play.
Whatever works, right?
Texas also paid tribute to Royall by having his initials, DKR, on the the Longhorn logo on their helmets and at midfield.
And as if by design, the Longhorns ultimately defeated Iowa State 33-7. A fitting end to a game played in tribute to a Texas great.
Photo via Brett Davis, US Presswire
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts