- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
This Transgender Basketball Player Plays On A Women’s College Team
This is Mission College center Gabrielle Ludwig, formerly known as Robert Ludwig. Ludwig is 6-6, 230 pounds, and transgender, meaning she’s taking female hormones but hasn’t fully transitioned to being a woman. USA Today’s Eric Prisbell has a terrific piece on Ludwig — you can check it out here — that highlights her journey to self-acceptance, the often-ugly things she hears from opposing fans and players (“What the (expletive) is that thing?”), and the moral implications of allowing her to play women’s college basketball. None of the questions posed in the piece have an easy answer. Go read it now.
Photo via USA Today.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts