- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
This Transgender Basketball Player Plays On A Women’s College Team
This is Mission College center Gabrielle Ludwig, formerly known as Robert Ludwig. Ludwig is 6-6, 230 pounds, and transgender, meaning she’s taking female hormones but hasn’t fully transitioned to being a woman. USA Today’s Eric Prisbell has a terrific piece on Ludwig — you can check it out here — that highlights her journey to self-acceptance, the often-ugly things she hears from opposing fans and players (“What the (expletive) is that thing?”), and the moral implications of allowing her to play women’s college basketball. None of the questions posed in the piece have an easy answer. Go read it now.
Photo via USA Today.
- Jon Lester Admits His Problems with Living in Oakland
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'