- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
This Transgender Basketball Player Plays On A Women’s College Team
This is Mission College center Gabrielle Ludwig, formerly known as Robert Ludwig. Ludwig is 6-6, 230 pounds, and transgender, meaning she’s taking female hormones but hasn’t fully transitioned to being a woman. USA Today’s Eric Prisbell has a terrific piece on Ludwig — you can check it out here — that highlights her journey to self-acceptance, the often-ugly things she hears from opposing fans and players (“What the (expletive) is that thing?”), and the moral implications of allowing her to play women’s college basketball. None of the questions posed in the piece have an easy answer. Go read it now.
Photo via USA Today.
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History
- Cleverly To Continue Career At Cruiserweight
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather