- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
This Transgender Basketball Player Plays On A Women’s College Team
This is Mission College center Gabrielle Ludwig, formerly known as Robert Ludwig. Ludwig is 6-6, 230 pounds, and transgender, meaning she’s taking female hormones but hasn’t fully transitioned to being a woman. USA Today’s Eric Prisbell has a terrific piece on Ludwig — you can check it out here — that highlights her journey to self-acceptance, the often-ugly things she hears from opposing fans and players (“What the (expletive) is that thing?”), and the moral implications of allowing her to play women’s college basketball. None of the questions posed in the piece have an easy answer. Go read it now.
Photo via USA Today.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement