- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Trayvon Martin’s Father Named Honorary Captain Of Florida A&M Football Team
The Trayvon Martin story, once white-hot and controversial, seems to have pretty much burned out upon entering Earth’s atmosphere. But the coaches at Florida A&M University would like to help, in their own way, ensure that it’s not forgotten.
On Sunday FAMU head football coach Earl Holmes named Tracy Martin — Trayvon’s father — as the team’s honorary captain. Holmes invited Tracy Martin to address his players at practice, and Martin will also participate in the pregame coin toss at FAMU’s opener on Sept. 1.
“At the end of the day, whether it’s good, bad or indifferent, a parent lost a child. He can live through us and we’re going to push on for him,” Holmes said. “That was very, very powerful meeting and a powerful message he gave to the kids. You could see it . . . the guys’ eyes just lit up.”
- Filed Under:
- Trayvon Martin
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'