- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Celebrity Chef Wants To Buy Washington D.C.'s NFL Team Through Kickstarter
- Russians Are Trying To Turn A Wu-Tang Track Into An Olympic Sport
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Trayvon Martin’s Father Named Honorary Captain Of Florida A&M Football Team
The Trayvon Martin story, once white-hot and controversial, seems to have pretty much burned out upon entering Earth’s atmosphere. But the coaches at Florida A&M University would like to help, in their own way, ensure that it’s not forgotten.
On Sunday FAMU head football coach Earl Holmes named Tracy Martin — Trayvon’s father — as the team’s honorary captain. Holmes invited Tracy Martin to address his players at practice, and Martin will also participate in the pregame coin toss at FAMU’s opener on Sept. 1.
“At the end of the day, whether it’s good, bad or indifferent, a parent lost a child. He can live through us and we’re going to push on for him,” Holmes said. “That was very, very powerful meeting and a powerful message he gave to the kids. You could see it . . . the guys’ eyes just lit up.”
- Filed Under:
- Trayvon Martin
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV
- 20 Unbreakable Baseball Records
- The Year Of Serena Williams