- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Trayvon Martin’s Father Named Honorary Captain Of Florida A&M Football Team
The Trayvon Martin story, once white-hot and controversial, seems to have pretty much burned out upon entering Earth’s atmosphere. But the coaches at Florida A&M University would like to help, in their own way, ensure that it’s not forgotten.
On Sunday FAMU head football coach Earl Holmes named Tracy Martin — Trayvon’s father — as the team’s honorary captain. Holmes invited Tracy Martin to address his players at practice, and Martin will also participate in the pregame coin toss at FAMU’s opener on Sept. 1.
“At the end of the day, whether it’s good, bad or indifferent, a parent lost a child. He can live through us and we’re going to push on for him,” Holmes said. “That was very, very powerful meeting and a powerful message he gave to the kids. You could see it . . . the guys’ eyes just lit up.”
- Filed Under:
- Trayvon Martin
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts