- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Trayvon Martin’s Father Named Honorary Captain Of Florida A&M Football Team
The Trayvon Martin story, once white-hot and controversial, seems to have pretty much burned out upon entering Earth’s atmosphere. But the coaches at Florida A&M University would like to help, in their own way, ensure that it’s not forgotten.
On Sunday FAMU head football coach Earl Holmes named Tracy Martin — Trayvon’s father — as the team’s honorary captain. Holmes invited Tracy Martin to address his players at practice, and Martin will also participate in the pregame coin toss at FAMU’s opener on Sept. 1.
“At the end of the day, whether it’s good, bad or indifferent, a parent lost a child. He can live through us and we’re going to push on for him,” Holmes said. “That was very, very powerful meeting and a powerful message he gave to the kids. You could see it . . . the guys’ eyes just lit up.”
- Filed Under:
- Trayvon Martin
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee