- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Talks Smack About USC Football
Maybe it’s time to start taking Congress seriously again. Sen. Harry Reid, D-NV, rolled out some marvelous, unprovoked put-downs on USC football during an appearance Monday at the Center for American Progress in Washington D.C.
Reid was fielding a question from a member of the audience who identified himself as a student of the University of Southern California. Before the man finished his question, Reid interrupted him by saying “I hope you have a better football team than last year. That was a disaster.”
Reid later said during his talk of the 7-6 Trojans:
“That proves you can’t buy college football players.”
Is Reid a UCLA grad? Stanford? That would explain it, but no … he attended Southern Utah University and graduated from Utah State. (The Aggies went 11-2 last season).
The answer must be this: Nevada’s other Senator, Dean Heller of Carson City, is a Republican and a USC graduate. Dig!
Photo: Getty Images.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'