- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Talks Smack About USC Football
Maybe it’s time to start taking Congress seriously again. Sen. Harry Reid, D-NV, rolled out some marvelous, unprovoked put-downs on USC football during an appearance Monday at the Center for American Progress in Washington D.C.
Reid was fielding a question from a member of the audience who identified himself as a student of the University of Southern California. Before the man finished his question, Reid interrupted him by saying “I hope you have a better football team than last year. That was a disaster.”
Reid later said during his talk of the 7-6 Trojans:
“That proves you can’t buy college football players.”
Is Reid a UCLA grad? Stanford? That would explain it, but no … he attended Southern Utah University and graduated from Utah State. (The Aggies went 11-2 last season).
The answer must be this: Nevada’s other Senator, Dean Heller of Carson City, is a Republican and a USC graduate. Dig!
Photo: Getty Images.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce