- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Here Are UMass Football Players Viciously Boxing And Wrestling At Practice, By Order Of Their Coach, Who’s Now Being ‘Investigated’
You wanna know what makes a 1-15 head coach? Wrestling and boxing at practice, like UMass football coach Charley Molnar.
That’s his career coaching record, and this is what his players did for their 2012 winter workouts.
The wrestling? It’s weird, but honestly doesn’t look to dangerous and presumably should benefit football players. The boxing? That looks like some crazy-dangerous Kimbo Slice shit.
Then again, about the wrestling:
Former UMass quarterback Brandon Hill, now at Monmouth, said he suffered a dislocated shoulder and a torn labrum in a wrestling match with a linebacker — a so-called “combative” drill that the NCAA rulebook has since termed a violation.
Obviously, one incident, especially in a tackle football practice, doesn’t mean a drill should be scrapped. But, just sayin’.
The “Compliance Subcommittee of our campus Faculty Senate Athletic Council,” whatever that is, will investigate this.
Molnar defended himself in statements to the Gazette, saying he used the exercises to remove the players’ “self-doubt.”
“We did all these activities with safety in mind. I’m a fanatic about player safety,” he said. “I thought it aided in team-building. Guys faced the fear and fought through it. That was the objective.”
Oh, shit. The guy’s an American hero. Scrap this entire article. Charley Molnar cares so much about the safety of his players that he makes them bash each other’s brains in, concussing them to the point where they aren’t upset after inevitably losing 93.75% of their games.
- Filed Under:
- NCAA Football
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts