- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- We Remixed That KG Beats Commercial By Adding Radiohead's "Creep"
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Urban Meyer Denies Taking (Or Being Offered) The Ohio State Job: “There’s No Truth To That”
Earlier, we told you about a potentially-blockbuster shakeup in the world of college football: Urban Meyer, the former Florida Gators head coach (and current ESPN analyst) reportedly agreed in principle to be the next head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Well, today, Meyer issued a denial of accepting the new job while doing his current job.
Meyer was in the ESPN booth to announce the Nebraska-Michigan game, and after the telecast came back from a commercial break, colleague Dave Pasch asked him point-blank if he had accepted the Ohio State gig. Clearly, the segment had been discussed before.
Meyer said there was “no truth” to the reports, that he hadn’t accepted the job, and furthermore, he hadn’t even been offered the job. An interesting sidenote: the guy in the middle, Chris Spielman, was rumored to be on Meyers’ wishlist for assistant coaches. So yeah, this wasn’t awkward at all.
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever