- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Virginia Tech Unveils Turkey Helmets In Time For Thanksgiving
Virginia Tech is going old school today, not just by wearing throwback jerseys, but apparently unveiling some old school helmets as well. I’m usually all for throwbacks, but this might be a bit much.
As you’ll see from the tweet below from the Virginia Tech Equipment Room Twitter account, the Hokies apparently hope to intimidate Boston College today with the imagery of hordes of crazed, football-hungry turkeys:
Surprise Hokie Nation! twitter.com/VTFBEquipment/…
— VT Equipment Room (@VTFBEquipment) November 17, 2012
To be fair, with Thanksgiving next week, this is probably just a festive change, especially since the Hokies’ mascot, the Hokie Bird, is an evolved turkey. That being said, if Virginia Tech loses today, I’ll understand.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story