- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Vontaze Burfict Gets A Penalty For ‘Unsportsman-ship-like’ Conduct For Saying… Something
Vontaze Burfict picked up one of the most confusing unsportsmanlike conduct penalties I’ve ever seen, early on the second quarter of tonight’s Las Vegas Bowl. A 15-yard penalty for, well, saying something. What was said? No one actually knows.
After Kellen Moore hit Matt Miller on a 2-yard TD pass, Burfict apparently said something really awful to Boise State’s Tyler Shoemaker. With Arizona State down 21-0 at that point, one can only imagine just how frustrated Burfict must have been, causing him to unleash some vocal pain. Here’s the video of the actual play, where you can see Burfict jawing at Shoemaker.
Maybe the most enjoyable moment of this whole sequence, though, was the call by the referee who not only refers to the 15-yard penalty as an “unsportsman-ship-like” penalty, but he somehow manages to confuse the wholly hell out of the Arizona State fans with his hand gesture before making the call. Check this out:
Yup, it’s that kind of night for the Arizona State Sun Devils. And unfortunately for us, what happens in Vegas probably will stay in Vegas, since, sadly, we’ll never know what Burfict actually said to Shoemaker.
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Sloane Stephens Denies Celebrating When Serena Williams Lost at Australian Open
- Danica Patrick Nip Slip Accidentally Posted on SI Website