- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- Merry Christmas From The Lovely Ladies Of The NHL, NBA, And NFL
- The SportsGrid 'Off The Grid' Podcast: Christmas Spectacular
- You've Got To Watch This Post-Game Rant For The Ages By SIU Coach Barry Hinson
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Whose Fans Are More Disinterested: Kentucky Or Florida?
Few things are sadder than an empty stadium for a college football game. But when there are two empty stadiums, it’s time to decide which fanbase is more disinterested in their team.
Today’s matchup: Florida vs. Kentucky.
The Gators are 7-1 and ranked no. 7 in the country right now. They’re also coming off a disappointing loss to Georgia that threatens to knock them out of the SEC Championship Game. How deflating was last week’s loss? Enough that this is the attendance for today’s game against unranked Missouri.
— Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) November 3, 2012
You guys are still in the top 10. How good do you have to be to care about your team, you gluttons for success? It’s not like there’s anything else to do in Gainesville. Go support your team.
Kentucky is unranked, 1-8, and hosting fellow unranked team Vanderbilt today. Also, college basketball season has begun. So it should be no surprise that they’re struggling to fill the stands today.
Commonwealth Stadium at kickoff (empty) twitter.com/markcstory/sta…
— Mark Story (@markcstory) November 3, 2012
To be fair, though, their team is horrible. Would you show up to watch a 1-8 team get beaten again? Aren’t there better ways to spend your Saturday?
So who wins out here? Whose fans are more disinterested in their team?
Surprise! Congrats to Florida for having the worst fans today. Although Kentucky’s stadium is more empty, they have legitimate excuses: the team sucks and it’s basketball season. You have nothing else going on right now, Florida. Shame on you for not turning out to watch your great football team play.
- Could Floyd Fight at Barclays Center in 2014?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Urijah Faber Excited for 2014 Title Shot
- Guess Which NBA Legend Is Expecting Identical Twins?