- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Young Ohio State Fan Who Named His Cancer ‘Michigan’ Invited To Wolverines’ Game By Brady Hoke
Earlier this month we told you about Grant Reed, the 12-year-old Ohio resident who was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2011. Grant, a huge Ohio State fan, had a creative way of keeping his spirits up through his ordeal: he named the cancer “Michigan.”
And as of now, Michigan has been soundly defeated. Doctors report that Grant’s illness is in remission.
Grant’s story has gone nationwide — he even got a hospital visit from Buckeyes’ head coach Urban Meyer. But nothing tops this: Recently he got a call from Michigan head coach Brady Hoke, who invited Grant and his family to the Ohio State-Michigan game on Nov. 30 in Ann Arbor.
Grant’s father, Troy, said his son did not hesitate to answer the coach. “He gave a very clear yes—he’s very excited,” Troy said.
Troy says Hoke told Grant that he needs to keep on working hard to beat Michigan and that the two made some small talk on the phone.
“It’s getting hard to keep my dislike for them, because they’ve been so classy and unbelievable to us,” said Troy, who played in the OSU marching band along with his wife, Denise.
“But it won’t be hard to cheer for the Buckeyes in November,” said Troy.
Also, the Rotary Club of Jackson, MI, will pick up the family’s hotel expenses.
Hoke said he was excited for Grant Reed beating cancer he nicknamed Michigan. "Him beating Michigan in this context we were all for."
— Brian Calloway (@brian_calloway) July 24, 2013
Photo via: SIKids.
12-Year-Old Ohio State Fan Names His Brain Cancer ‘Michigan’ [SportsGrid]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts