- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
“You’re A Baller”: A New Contender For Recruiting Letter Of The Year Has Emerged
Sometimes coaches overdo it with recruiting letters, using underlines and highlighters and whatever it takes. It’s all emblematic of the soul-draining process that is recruiting, and entirely backwards from the exploited athlete model which flips the script in college. But it’s all nothing more than incessant badgering and pitching and badgering some more, until a high school kid is browbeaten into attending a certain school and pledging his financial servitude to the athletic department.
Because any number of jobs are on the line with each incoming recruiting class, coaches will pull out all the stops. Anything to stand out, pretty much. And if you’re Mississippi State, that means sending a three-word, (poorly) handwritten note to a football recruit that summarizes your highly technical evaluation of his skill set:
Too bad class of 2014 linebacker/tight end Michael Ferns, the recipient of this letter, is already committed to Michigan.
- Filed Under:
- Mississippi State
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager