- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
“You’re A Baller”: A New Contender For Recruiting Letter Of The Year Has Emerged
Sometimes coaches overdo it with recruiting letters, using underlines and highlighters and whatever it takes. It’s all emblematic of the soul-draining process that is recruiting, and entirely backwards from the exploited athlete model which flips the script in college. But it’s all nothing more than incessant badgering and pitching and badgering some more, until a high school kid is browbeaten into attending a certain school and pledging his financial servitude to the athletic department.
Because any number of jobs are on the line with each incoming recruiting class, coaches will pull out all the stops. Anything to stand out, pretty much. And if you’re Mississippi State, that means sending a three-word, (poorly) handwritten note to a football recruit that summarizes your highly technical evaluation of his skill set:
Too bad class of 2014 linebacker/tight end Michael Ferns, the recipient of this letter, is already committed to Michigan.
- Filed Under:
- Mississippi State
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts