- Steelers RBs Bell, Blount Both Arrested For Marijuana Possession
- HASHTAG GAMES: The 35 Best #NBAMovies Tweets
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Rhode Island Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
A Kansas City Man’s Obituary Cited The Chiefs’ Poor Play As Cause For Death
The Chiefs are bad. 1-9 bad. Winless-at-home bad. Have-scored-the-fewest-points-in-the-NFL bad. Nine-games-without-a-lead bad. But are they bad enough to kill a man? Well, according to this man’s obituary, yes. Yes they are.
Loren G. “Sam” Lickteig died last Wednesday at the age of 81, mostly from complications due to Multiple Sclerosis. But according to his obituary in the Kansas City Star, that wasn’t all:
Loren G. “Sam” Lickteig passed away on Nov. 14, 2012 of complications from MS and heartbreaking disappointment caused by the Kansas City Chiefs football team.
They say you can actually die from a broken heart, and god knows the Chiefs have been playing poorly enough to give him one. Lickteig was a Missouri/Kansas man through and through and at 81 years old, there was only so much more he could take. This isn’t to take anything away from Lickteig’s life, he sounds like he was a great man:
He married Mary Joan (Hoey) Lickteig in 1956. They soon made their home in Grandview, with their five children, where they lived for over 30 years. Sam volunteered 20 years to the city of Grandview serving as City Councilman, Planning Commissioner, President of Chamber, Steering Committee and the Chairman for St. Joseph Hospital in the 1970s. He was a Real Estate broker and Appraiser. Sam was preceded in death by the love of his life, Joan Lickteig…
But that having been said, the Chiefs are very, very bad.
[Kansas City.com, via Redditor]
- Filed Under:
- Kansas City Chiefs
- WBC Lifts Suspension Against Adrien Broner
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'