- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Adrian Peterson Thinks Adrian Peterson Will Play Next Sunday [Update: Now Doubtful]; Toby Gerhart May Not
This is good news for people who love good news: Adrian Peterson, who was forced from yesterday’s game against the Ravens with a foot injury, says he expects to play next Sunday against the Eagles. Whether he actually will remains to be seen, but this doesn’t sound like a guy who’s ready to call it quits on the 2013 season.
Peterson had an MRI today that revealed no ligament damage, nor a Lisfranc injury — either of which would have ended his season. From ESPN:
X-rays also showed no broken bones in his foot, and while a CT scan will show the injury in more detail, Peterson said “we’re just going through the protocol,” and added he expects to play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Fantasy owners of AD — literally the only people who have anything invested in Peterson continuing to play this year, since the 3-9-1 Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs — aren’t out of the woods yet, as head coach Leslie Frazier may still choose to shut his feature back down.
UPDATE, 12/10: This is why Adrian Peterson doesn’t make these decisions: He’s now listed as doubtful for Week 15. According to ESPN’s Stephania Bell, feeling good in the first couple of days after spraining your foot is common — but trying to actually run or play is a problem. Don’t count on AD in your lineup.
Another fantasy injury update: Toby Gerhart, who was a popular waiver wire add this week, reportedly tweaked his hamstring after coming in to relieve Peterson and may not play (ugh — white running backs!). So if you were relying on the Vikings backfield to help you win your league this week, you’re probably some sort of screwed.
Photo via Getty
- Jessica Eye Stripped of Victory - Continues to Fight
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot