- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Adrian Peterson Thinks Adrian Peterson Will Play Next Sunday [Update: Now Doubtful]; Toby Gerhart May Not
This is good news for people who love good news: Adrian Peterson, who was forced from yesterday’s game against the Ravens with a foot injury, says he expects to play next Sunday against the Eagles. Whether he actually will remains to be seen, but this doesn’t sound like a guy who’s ready to call it quits on the 2013 season.
Peterson had an MRI today that revealed no ligament damage, nor a Lisfranc injury — either of which would have ended his season. From ESPN:
X-rays also showed no broken bones in his foot, and while a CT scan will show the injury in more detail, Peterson said “we’re just going through the protocol,” and added he expects to play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Fantasy owners of AD — literally the only people who have anything invested in Peterson continuing to play this year, since the 3-9-1 Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs — aren’t out of the woods yet, as head coach Leslie Frazier may still choose to shut his feature back down.
UPDATE, 12/10: This is why Adrian Peterson doesn’t make these decisions: He’s now listed as doubtful for Week 15. According to ESPN’s Stephania Bell, feeling good in the first couple of days after spraining your foot is common — but trying to actually run or play is a problem. Don’t count on AD in your lineup.
Another fantasy injury update: Toby Gerhart, who was a popular waiver wire add this week, reportedly tweaked his hamstring after coming in to relieve Peterson and may not play (ugh — white running backs!). So if you were relying on the Vikings backfield to help you win your league this week, you’re probably some sort of screwed.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts