- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Adrian Peterson Thinks Adrian Peterson Will Play Next Sunday [Update: Now Doubtful]; Toby Gerhart May Not
This is good news for people who love good news: Adrian Peterson, who was forced from yesterday’s game against the Ravens with a foot injury, says he expects to play next Sunday against the Eagles. Whether he actually will remains to be seen, but this doesn’t sound like a guy who’s ready to call it quits on the 2013 season.
Peterson had an MRI today that revealed no ligament damage, nor a Lisfranc injury — either of which would have ended his season. From ESPN:
X-rays also showed no broken bones in his foot, and while a CT scan will show the injury in more detail, Peterson said “we’re just going through the protocol,” and added he expects to play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Fantasy owners of AD — literally the only people who have anything invested in Peterson continuing to play this year, since the 3-9-1 Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs — aren’t out of the woods yet, as head coach Leslie Frazier may still choose to shut his feature back down.
UPDATE, 12/10: This is why Adrian Peterson doesn’t make these decisions: He’s now listed as doubtful for Week 15. According to ESPN’s Stephania Bell, feeling good in the first couple of days after spraining your foot is common — but trying to actually run or play is a problem. Don’t count on AD in your lineup.
Another fantasy injury update: Toby Gerhart, who was a popular waiver wire add this week, reportedly tweaked his hamstring after coming in to relieve Peterson and may not play (ugh — white running backs!). So if you were relying on the Vikings backfield to help you win your league this week, you’re probably some sort of screwed.
Photo via Getty
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?