- Broncos Fans Start Petition To Get Phil Simms Off Their TV Broadcasts
- Cardinals' Jonathan Dwyer Arrested For Domestic Violence (With Updates)
- WEEK 3: Grading The 4 Worst ESPN Fantasy Football Projections
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Adrian Peterson Wants 2,500 Yards Next Season And A Pony
Adrian Peterson had a huge year this season. 2,097 yards, 12 touchdowns, 6.0 yards per carry, an MVP finalist, and a playoff berth. But who cares? No big deal. He wants moooooooore…
How much more? Well, Peterson is just slightly upset that he missed breaking Eric Dickerson’s single season rushing record by a mere nine yards. So next season, he wants to destroy it by 400.
Peterson sat down with Marshall Faulk of the NFL Network this morning to break it down.
“It was a terrible feeling,” Peterson said. “I kind of figured I didn’t break the record. I kind of assumed maybe I was 30-40 away from it.
“When I heard nine, my heart just sunk into my stomach. (There were) 5-6-7 plays I was impatient or made the wrong read – I could have blew it out the water.”
He intends to blow it out the water next season. Dickerson finished with 2,105 yards in 1985. Peterson wants 2,500.
“I want to try to set the ball higher than that,” Peterson said. “I want to make it the 2,500 club.
“It’s definitely out there. I feel like it’s definitely attainable. … Enjoy this last year because the record’s going down, with ease.”
Be sure to check out the full interview over on NFL.com.
- Filed Under:
- Adrian Peterson
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'