- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
A Raccoon Attacked Alfred Morris And Stole His Sandal When He Attended FAU
Alfred Morris, starting running back for the Washington Redskins, was the team’s sixth round draft pick out of Florida Atlantic this past April. He has rushed for 1,322 and 9 TDs on 4.7 yards per carry so far this season, helping Washington to the league’s No. 1 rushing attack.
In other news, Florida Atlantic has a problem with raccoons, apparently, a problem with which Alfred Morris is all too familiar. Because there was a time when McDonald’s, and then raccoons, and then FEAR.
Via DC Sports Bog:
“‘We just came back from McDonald’s or something,’ he continued. ‘During the summer it’s hard times and they had 49-cent cheeseburgers on Sundays. Anyway, we pulled up and saw a raccoon, and it was daylight so I was like, that thing is rabid.’
Morris got out of the car as the raccoon started moving in his direction.
‘All of a sudden I looked down and it was charging at me,’ Morris said, running in place as he told the story. ‘So I jumped, and when I jumped one of my sandals fell off. He went running past me, stopped and grabbed my sandal. I yelled, ‘He got my sandal!’ and went chasing after him.’
The raccoon tried to run under the car with it, but the sandal got caught on the car’s bumper and fell out of the animal’s mouth. Morris grabbed his footwear, thinking the ordeal was over.
‘We started walking off and he came running after us again,’ Morris laughed. ‘So we started running, but my friend chased [the raccoon] to the end of the parking lot. But when he turned around to come back, the raccoon started chasing him again. That raccoon was having too much fun.’”
Raccoons can be dangerous, sometimes. Luckily there’s a totally weird essay over at Yahoo! on killing raccoons, if you care to check that out. Otherwise, follow Alfred Morris’ lead and run like hell. Shoes on, of course.
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real