- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Amazingly, Sadly, Fat Lineman Is Now Even Fatter
Four hundred and three pounds is just too many pounds.
As we all know, football players are big people (the average weight of NFL players in the 250-range), and linemen are even bigger. There are hundreds of men who weigh over 300 pounds in today’s NFL. But the 400 pound plateau is a level not many have attained.
Meet Terrell Brown, a former defensive tackle at Ole Miss who just signed a contract with the St. Louis Rams. The undrafted free agent was previously listed at 6’10”, 385 pounds. Now? 403.
Rams coach Jeff Fisher discussed these findings:
“Actually, we weighed him in at 403,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. “We had him in for the tryout, and he had some issues that we had to clear up from a physical standpoint. He got them put behind him.”
This isn’t just an issue of “God damn that guy is huge!” The ideal weight for someone that height is around 250 pounds — even if you pack on another 100 pounds or so just because he plays football, he’s still 50 pounds overweight. And the enormousness of NFL teams — while a temporary asset when trying to open up running lanes or get after the quarterback — is coming back to haunt many former players. This New York Times article from 2011 details just a few of the high-profile big men who died early from complications via obesity, including Reggie White and Norman Hand.
Think about it this way: The dude nicknamed “The Refrigerator” weighed about 325. Terrell Brown is the equivalent of the Fridge holding an 11-year-old boy.
We hope the Rams can help Brown get into some semblance of shape in the near future. We don’t need anything like this going down on an NFL sideline:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts