- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Report: Andy Reid’s Son Died Of An Accidental Heroin Overdose
One last, sad note on the death of Andy Reid’s son: according to a report from ABC 6 in Philadelphia, investigators have determined that 29-year-old Garrett Reid’s cause of death was an accidental overdose on heroin.
Reid, who had battled drug problems in the past, was found dead in his dorm room on August 5th at Lehigh University while attending Eagles training camp. He had been assisting the team’s strength and conditioning coaches.
The public first learned about his struggles with addiction in 2007, when he was arrested for running a red light and ramming a car. Reid admitted he was high on heroin at the time, and would later be arrested for trying to smuggle drugs into his jail cell.
Reid had taken giant steps forward in recovering from his addiction, though, and he was well-liked by the Eagles players. After his death, though, Andy Reid indicated that he may have relapsed.
Heartbreakingly, Reid said this to a judge during a 2007 court appearance:
“I don’t want to die doing drugs. I don’t want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD’ed and just faded into oblivion.”
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success