- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Antonio Cromartie Thinks The Jets Will Make The Playoffs Because Of Course He Does
“Same Old Jets” used to be the phrase Jets fans uttered when their team inevitably disappointed them, despite moderately high expectations. Since they assembled an organization in which nobody involved can just shut the hell up, it can also pretty much sum up how Jets fans feel when things like Antonio Cromartie predicting a playoff appearance happen.
Yes, Cromartie of the 3-5 New York Jets believes his team will be playing football in January. Someone might want to relay this message to everyone else on the team, who have to this point all but assured this is not going to happen.
“The Jets (3-5) will make the playoffs this year,” Cromartie said Thursday morning on the NFL Network’s “NFL AM” show. “We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year.”
What comes next? Rex Ryan’s agreement, naturally.
“This team believes that we can right the ship and we’re going for it,” Ryan said. “I know Cro had some comments we’re going to make the playoffs and all that, and I feel as an entire football team that we should all feel like that, and we do feel like that.
“Nobody wants to hear it, but who cares? That’s really how we feel and that’s our mentality; whether you like it our not, that’s our mentality. And I would think Jets fans and the Jets community, they would want us to feel that way, and we do.”
You’re right Rex, nobody wants to hear it. I appreciate the gall you have to totally disregard public opinion and input entirely, which is what the Woody Johnson-owned Jets are all about, but it turns out, people care. Namely: Jets fans. They want their team to play with confidence, sure, but they want a team with a head on its shoulders. And heads rolled in Jets country way back when.
Also, thank the lord Tim Tebow we still have Jim Mora for times like these.
[ESPN.com, Getty Images]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts