- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Are We About To See The First Pro-Marijuana Super Bowl Ad? (VIDEO)
So already this year we’ve gigantic had pro-pot billboards at Denver’s Sports Authority Field during the NFL season opener, and at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during NASCAR’s Brickyard 400. But, dude, check this out: we could be about to see the first pro-marijuana TV ad during the Super Bowl. In the awesome words of Jeff Spicoli: “Hey bud, let’s party.”
Intuit, the software company that has given us Quicken and Turbo Tax, is holding an online vote campaign for small businesses and organizations in which the winner gets a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl. And one of the competing entries is for NORML, the non-profit lobbying organization to legalize pot.
And they’ve made it really easy to vote for them (no Facebook connections or other hoops). Think they may get a few votes?
Here’s the plea for support on NORML’s web site. Excerpt:
Together, we the people, are ending America’s war on pot. With the last election and with the recent announcement from the attorney general in Washington DC, we are beautifully positioned to make sure a responsible, adult American citizen is never again arrested for the use of recreational marijuana.
How is the contest going? According to NORML, their entry is No. 1 so far. Is anyone really surprised? Righteous!
Of course even if they win, who knows if the ad will be accepted. Sure would be fun to see it, though.
- Filed Under:
- Super Bowl
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Yamanaka Vs. Guevara's Greatest Hits Caught On Film
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- All About Michael Jordan's Future Baby Mama