- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Arian Foster’s New Twitter Avatar Is An Excerpt Of A Dan Shaughnessy Article Blasting The Texans
Noted anti-social media enthusiast Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe is back at it again, folks. In a column posted yesterday about the Patriots’ divisional round matchup with the Houston Texans, he pretty much goes to town on the Texans for being an awful football team. And it’s true that the Patriots are heavy favorites (9.5 points, to be exact), given Houston’s recent slide and New England’s 42-14 romp over the Texans in the regular season. But for most football fans, it’s an uncomfortable feeling to read articles all but guaranteeing victory. Not to mention Patriots fans, whose team hasn’t actually won a Super Bowl since ’04-’05 and have experienced their fair share of poor luck.
Still, Shaughnessy lays it on thick. Just really pasty and thick and lathery.
Via the Boston Globe:
“The 2012-13 New England Patriots just became the first team in NFL history to get back-to-back byes before advancing to the conference championship game.
Could this get any easier?
I mean, seriously? The planets are aligned and the tomato cans are in place. The fraudulent Houston Texans are the only team standing between the New England Patriots and a trip to the AFC Championship game. All the Patriots have to do is beat the terrible Texans. One week from today. At Gillette Stadium.”
Arian Foster, who plays for the Houston Texans, happened to read Shaughnessy’s column. As you might expect, he does not agree with such bold proclamations. So much so that he copied and pasted the above text into his Twitter avatar, like so:
Given Shaughnessy’s jinx history, things aren’t looking so good for New England.
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?