- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
At Last, Aaron Rodgers Speaks On Ryan Braun: ‘It Doesn’t Feel Good To Be Lied To’
Fat Packers fan bangs on window: “Hey Rodgers! How do you feel about Ryan Braun now!?”
Rodgers broke his silence on his (former?) pal today following the Packers’ first training camp practice. He hadn’t mentioned Braun since his infamous Twitter tirade in which he angrily defendeded the Brewers’ player after he was cleared of taking PEDs on a technicality in Feb.
Among Rodgers’ Twitter salvos was his bet of a year’s salary that Braun was clean.
Oops. Braun, of course, was suspended for the remainder of the season for his connection with the Miami Biogenisis lab, and has admitted “mistakes”.
Rodgers, today, had a slightly different take on the situation. From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
“I was backing up a friend. He looked me in the eye on multiple occasions and repeatedly denied these allegations and said they were not true.
“So, it is disappointing, not only for myself as a friend, but for obviously Wisconsin sports fans, Brewer fans, really baseball fans. It doesn’t feel great being lied to like that and I’m disappointed in the way it all went down.”
And here’s the closest that Rodgers came to addressing the infamous bet:
“I trusted him. That’s the thing that probably hurts the most … I don’t regret backing a friend up. Obviously in hindsight a more measured approach would obviously be a better course of action. I definitely believe in forgiveness and moving forward. He has a tough task in front of him moving forward with his career, on and off the field.”
Rodgers: "It doesn't feel good to be lied to. "
— Tom Silverstein (@TomSilverstein) July 26, 2013
Something I hadn’t known: Rodgers and Braun own a restaurant together. That relationship is “to be determined”, Rodgers said.
And I guess helping Braun move or driving him to the airport is also definitely out.
Video of Aaron Rodgers talking to Ryan Braun. http://t.co/1CqQBJyJgE
— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) July 26, 2013
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce