- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Atlanta’s Dreams Of An Undefeated Season Come To An End In New Orleans
The Falcons entered New Orleans at 8-0. They’ll leave at 8-1 after losing to the Saints, 31-27.
You can’t blame Matt Ryan for today’s loss. The man threw for a career-high 411 yards and three touchdowns, leading the Falcons to 454 yards of total offense.
No, this one goes on the Falcons’ defense, which allowed 440 yards to a balanced New Orleans attack that included 298 passing yards from Drew Brees and 148 total rushing yards from their combined backfield of Chris Ivory, Mark Ingram, and Pierre Thomas.
That being said, the Falcons still had a chance to keep their undefeated season alive twice late in the fourth quarter.
The Falcons drove 78-yards all the way down to the Saints’ two-yard-line with 1:42 left in the game before a Matt Ryan pass into the end zone fell incomplete and the Falcons turned the ball over one downs.
But Atlanta still got one more chance, getting the ball back at their own 31-yardline with 25 seconds left. Alas, it was no matter as they would go four-and-out and turn the ball over on downs again.
It just wasn’t meant to be for the Falcons today.
Now, in honor of the 1972 Miami Dolphins surviving another season as the last undefeated team, here’s a fat Dolphins fan hanging out with a belly tattoo.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success