- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Atlanta’s Dreams Of An Undefeated Season Come To An End In New Orleans
The Falcons entered New Orleans at 8-0. They’ll leave at 8-1 after losing to the Saints, 31-27.
You can’t blame Matt Ryan for today’s loss. The man threw for a career-high 411 yards and three touchdowns, leading the Falcons to 454 yards of total offense.
No, this one goes on the Falcons’ defense, which allowed 440 yards to a balanced New Orleans attack that included 298 passing yards from Drew Brees and 148 total rushing yards from their combined backfield of Chris Ivory, Mark Ingram, and Pierre Thomas.
That being said, the Falcons still had a chance to keep their undefeated season alive twice late in the fourth quarter.
The Falcons drove 78-yards all the way down to the Saints’ two-yard-line with 1:42 left in the game before a Matt Ryan pass into the end zone fell incomplete and the Falcons turned the ball over one downs.
But Atlanta still got one more chance, getting the ball back at their own 31-yardline with 25 seconds left. Alas, it was no matter as they would go four-and-out and turn the ball over on downs again.
It just wasn’t meant to be for the Falcons today.
Now, in honor of the 1972 Miami Dolphins surviving another season as the last undefeated team, here’s a fat Dolphins fan hanging out with a belly tattoo.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts