- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Baltimore Ravens Briefly Misplaced The Lombardi Trophy On Sunday Night
The Stanley Cup, Lombardi Trophy, Larry O’Brien Trophy, and Commssioner’s Trophy (you would, baseball) have all encountered their fair share of mishaps over the years. The Stanley Cup, in particular, is shuttled around from player hometown to player hometown under the supervision of one weary traveler, and players have done everything from testing its buoyancy to drop kicking it across rivers. There was also the time Sergio Ramos dropped the Copa del Rey and watched in horror as the bus he was on ran it over.
After winning the Super Bowl on Sunday, the Baltimore Ravens had their turn with the Lombardi Trophy, taking it to owner Steve Bisciotti’s celebration party. Or so we thought. Come Monday, when John Harbaugh held his Super Bowl hangover press conference, he happened to mention that the Lombardy Trophy was, er, briefly misplaced.
“We hadn’t seen this (Vince Lombardi Trophy) since last night,” Harbaugh said. “We thought we lost it. Thank you very much.
Wait, what happened? According to the Washington Post, it might have just been some handsy security personnel accidentally “losing track” of its guardian, but we suspect foul play; a gigantic trophy does not just up and disappear like that, so we want to know what really happened. Did Ray Lewis donate it to charity? Did the trophy gain a few too many pounds? Was this guy involved? Did Jacoby Jones creep it out? Did Bryant McKinnie use it to pay off his strip club debts? So many questions, so few answers. Do drop us a line if at firstname.lastname@example.org if you happen to know.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'