- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jovan Belcher Texted His Secret Girlfriend Saying He “Would Shoot” Kasandra Perkins Only Months Before Murder-Suicide
A lot of information surrounding Jovan Belcher’s final moments and the circumstances leading to his death has trickled out in the weeks following the murder-suicide, and today the Kansas City Star is reporting many new details – most noteworthy of which is that Belcher texted his alleged other girlfriend months before the shooting that he “would shoot” Perkins.
“In the message, Belcher said he “would shoot” Perkins “if she didn’t leave him alone,” according to police reports obtained by The Star. At the time, the secret girlfriend thought Belcher was joking.”
We presume this “secret girlfriend” refers to Brittni Glass, who was seen out with Belcher the night before he took the life of his known girlfriend and mother of his child, Kasandra Perkins, and his own. Belcher also fell asleep in his car outside of her apartment that same night and was confronted by police. Glass, however, has maintained that the two were not in a relationship.
Because the case was closed on Friday and officially declared a murder-suicide, the Kansas City Star was able to obtain the case file, which is now a part of the public record. Instead of relaying the details ourselves, we’ll let The Star take it from here.
“• Belcher, 25, told his 22-year-old secret girlfriend that Perkins, the mother of his 3-month-old daughter, “knew exactly how to press his buttons and make him angry.” He told her Perkins had “threatened to take all his money and his child if they split up.”
• Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said Belcher missed a team meeting a few weeks earlier and blamed it on Perkins, who reportedly hadn’t come home the night before, leaving him to watch the baby. Crennel said he thought the couple had “trust issues” and Perkins expected “a better life” with an NFL player. Crennel said he thought Belcher had contacted a lawyer about getting custody of his daughter.
• Belcher’s mother, Cheryl Shepherd, had moved in with the couple about two weeks before their deaths because they were having “relationship problems due to financial issues associated with Perkins’ spending habits.” Shepherd said the argument that preceded the killings “was in regard to one or both of them going out as in to a club or partying.”
• Police found a bullet hole in the bathroom floor under Perkins’ body that went through to the basement, possibly indicating she was on the floor when Belcher fired that round. Shepherd said she heard a “thump” before the gunshots. Police found eight spent shell casings and three bullet fragments in the bathroom and one spent bullet in the basement. Police observed 10 apparent gunshot wounds on the front of Perkins body, including to her neck, shoulder and chest, and five wounds on her backside. The medical examiner said four bullets remained in her body.”
The Star has the full timeline of events, the blow-by-blow with every detail of Belcher’s final night and morning, if you care to check it out.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts