- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
And Just Like That, Ben Roethlisberger Has Settled His 2008 Lake Tahoe Sexual Assault Case
According to Ms. McNulty’s lawyer, the case has been settled outside of court. Naturally, he refused to comment any further on the details. The initial lawsuit called for her to receive $440,000 in damages from Roethlisberger and $50,000 from the Harrah’s casino that employed her. The details of the payout, which we have to assume there is one, are pretty sparse. As for the details on the assault, here’s what we know:
The civil lawsuit filed by a former Harrah’s Lake Tahoe casino host claiming Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger raped her while he was visiting Lake Tahoe for a celebrity golf tournament in 2008 has been resolved.
But neither side will say whether the Super Bowl star paid Andrea McNulty any money as a settlement.
McNulty claimed that Roethlisberger asked her to come to his suite to fix his broken television, the suit said. Once in the room, McNulty said he forced her on the bed and raped her, the suit said.
As you’ll recall, this is not the first time Roethlisberger has found himself in trouble with alleged sexual assault. The timing of all of this is pretty curious, isn’t it? You have to believe that having this news break not only on a weekend, but on a NFL Championship weekend, played into the settlement. I imagine that we’ll talk about the case for a minute or two, scratch our heads, and then turn our attention toward Sunday’s action. Well-played, gentlemen.
- Filed Under:
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?