- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
And Just Like That, Ben Roethlisberger Has Settled His 2008 Lake Tahoe Sexual Assault Case
According to Ms. McNulty’s lawyer, the case has been settled outside of court. Naturally, he refused to comment any further on the details. The initial lawsuit called for her to receive $440,000 in damages from Roethlisberger and $50,000 from the Harrah’s casino that employed her. The details of the payout, which we have to assume there is one, are pretty sparse. As for the details on the assault, here’s what we know:
The civil lawsuit filed by a former Harrah’s Lake Tahoe casino host claiming Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger raped her while he was visiting Lake Tahoe for a celebrity golf tournament in 2008 has been resolved.
But neither side will say whether the Super Bowl star paid Andrea McNulty any money as a settlement.
McNulty claimed that Roethlisberger asked her to come to his suite to fix his broken television, the suit said. Once in the room, McNulty said he forced her on the bed and raped her, the suit said.
As you’ll recall, this is not the first time Roethlisberger has found himself in trouble with alleged sexual assault. The timing of all of this is pretty curious, isn’t it? You have to believe that having this news break not only on a weekend, but on a NFL Championship weekend, played into the settlement. I imagine that we’ll talk about the case for a minute or two, scratch our heads, and then turn our attention toward Sunday’s action. Well-played, gentlemen.
- Filed Under:
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts