- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Beyonce Electrified, But According To The NFL, Did Not Cause The Blackout
Somehow, the NFL still isn’t sure what caused the blackout at the Mercedes Benz Superdome that caused a 35-minute delay during the Super Bowl. As that caper continues, we can rule out at least one suspect: Beyonce. C’mon, she can do no wrong.
Sasha Fierce is fierce, but not that fierce. According to Roger Goodell, she had nothing to do with the blackout. And neither did Kelly Rowland, so stop blaming her too.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters on Monday. “I know that’s out there, that Beyonce’s halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case from anything we have at this point.”
Moreover, Doug Thornton, senior vice president of SMG, the Superdome’s management company, confirmed that the halftime show was running entirely on a generator and was therefore separate from the Superdome’s grid, which is maintained by Entergy.
Problem almost solved. Now we just need to find out what caused the half-hour blackout during the biggest spectacle of Americana ever. No biggie.
[Reuters, Getty Images]
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.