- Your NFL TV Viewing Maps For Today, Including The Game That No One Wanted
- How Does Rex Ryan Still Have A Job?
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 7 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Al Jefferson In 2K15: Worst Voiceover Ever?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Beyonce Electrified, But According To The NFL, Did Not Cause The Blackout
Somehow, the NFL still isn’t sure what caused the blackout at the Mercedes Benz Superdome that caused a 35-minute delay during the Super Bowl. As that caper continues, we can rule out at least one suspect: Beyonce. C’mon, she can do no wrong.
Sasha Fierce is fierce, but not that fierce. According to Roger Goodell, she had nothing to do with the blackout. And neither did Kelly Rowland, so stop blaming her too.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters on Monday. “I know that’s out there, that Beyonce’s halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case from anything we have at this point.”
Moreover, Doug Thornton, senior vice president of SMG, the Superdome’s management company, confirmed that the halftime show was running entirely on a generator and was therefore separate from the Superdome’s grid, which is maintained by Entergy.
Problem almost solved. Now we just need to find out what caused the half-hour blackout during the biggest spectacle of Americana ever. No biggie.
[Reuters, Getty Images]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts