- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Beyonce Electrified, But According To The NFL, Did Not Cause The Blackout
Somehow, the NFL still isn’t sure what caused the blackout at the Mercedes Benz Superdome that caused a 35-minute delay during the Super Bowl. As that caper continues, we can rule out at least one suspect: Beyonce. C’mon, she can do no wrong.
Sasha Fierce is fierce, but not that fierce. According to Roger Goodell, she had nothing to do with the blackout. And neither did Kelly Rowland, so stop blaming her too.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters on Monday. “I know that’s out there, that Beyonce’s halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case from anything we have at this point.”
Moreover, Doug Thornton, senior vice president of SMG, the Superdome’s management company, confirmed that the halftime show was running entirely on a generator and was therefore separate from the Superdome’s grid, which is maintained by Entergy.
Problem almost solved. Now we just need to find out what caused the half-hour blackout during the biggest spectacle of Americana ever. No biggie.
[Reuters, Getty Images]
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Chris Algieri: 'I Will Shock the World Again' vs. Pacquiao
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson