- At Least The Alabama Kicker's Girlfriend Is Awfully Attractive
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Terrifying Goose Tsunami Leaves Dozens Pooped On
- NFL Week 14 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Super Bowl Favorites, But Barely
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Beyonce Electrified, But According To The NFL, Did Not Cause The Blackout
Somehow, the NFL still isn’t sure what caused the blackout at the Mercedes Benz Superdome that caused a 35-minute delay during the Super Bowl. As that caper continues, we can rule out at least one suspect: Beyonce. C’mon, she can do no wrong.
Sasha Fierce is fierce, but not that fierce. According to Roger Goodell, she had nothing to do with the blackout. And neither did Kelly Rowland, so stop blaming her too.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters on Monday. “I know that’s out there, that Beyonce’s halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case from anything we have at this point.”
Moreover, Doug Thornton, senior vice president of SMG, the Superdome’s management company, confirmed that the halftime show was running entirely on a generator and was therefore separate from the Superdome’s grid, which is maintained by Entergy.
Problem almost solved. Now we just need to find out what caused the half-hour blackout during the biggest spectacle of Americana ever. No biggie.
[Reuters, Getty Images]
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats