- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Chiefs Player Commits Suicide At Team Facility [UPDATED]
Tragic news this morning coming out of Kansas City.
Details are sketchy right now, but per ESPN:
An unnamed Kansas City Chiefs player has committed suicide at the team facility and the police are on the scene, the team confirmed to ESPN on Saturday morning.
Local reports say the police are operating with the belief the player fatally shot his girlfriend at a house before driving to Arrowhead Stadium and killing himself.
There were no other injuries at the team facility, police said.
We’ll be following this story as new details emerge.
UPDATE: The Chiefs player in question is apparently linebacker Jovan Belcher. Per CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora:
Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team’s facility today, source said…
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) December 1, 2012
Belcher leaves behind his less than three-month-old child. The details on this story keep getting sadder and sadder.
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- What Has Brett Favre Been Doing After Football?
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?