- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Chiefs Player Commits Suicide At Team Facility [UPDATED]
Tragic news this morning coming out of Kansas City.
Details are sketchy right now, but per ESPN:
An unnamed Kansas City Chiefs player has committed suicide at the team facility and the police are on the scene, the team confirmed to ESPN on Saturday morning.
Local reports say the police are operating with the belief the player fatally shot his girlfriend at a house before driving to Arrowhead Stadium and killing himself.
There were no other injuries at the team facility, police said.
We’ll be following this story as new details emerge.
UPDATE: The Chiefs player in question is apparently linebacker Jovan Belcher. Per CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora:
Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team’s facility today, source said…
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) December 1, 2012
Belcher leaves behind his less than three-month-old child. The details on this story keep getting sadder and sadder.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Tyrone Spong Asks Dana White to Sign Him
- Rob Lisita Made KO of the Week