- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Chiefs Player Commits Suicide At Team Facility [UPDATED]
Tragic news this morning coming out of Kansas City.
Details are sketchy right now, but per ESPN:
An unnamed Kansas City Chiefs player has committed suicide at the team facility and the police are on the scene, the team confirmed to ESPN on Saturday morning.
Local reports say the police are operating with the belief the player fatally shot his girlfriend at a house before driving to Arrowhead Stadium and killing himself.
There were no other injuries at the team facility, police said.
We’ll be following this story as new details emerge.
UPDATE: The Chiefs player in question is apparently linebacker Jovan Belcher. Per CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora:
Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team’s facility today, source said…
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) December 1, 2012
Belcher leaves behind his less than three-month-old child. The details on this story keep getting sadder and sadder.
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats