- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Breaking: The Richard Sherman Owl Is Missing!
Washington State police are asking citizens to be on the lookout for a stolen owl named Sherman. Who? Sherman. Who? You know, named for Richard Sherman of the Seahawks. Who? The Seattle cornerback. Who? *Sigh*.
— Kat 4 Obama (@Kat4Obama) February 5, 2014
The 14-year-old tawny owl was taken Friday from a building on the Raptor House property in the small Yakima Valley city of Selah, the Yakima County sheriff’s office said.
Shannon Dalan, who helps run the sanctuary with his wife, Marsha, said it was obvious the owl didn’t fly the coop on his own: Someone took off a lock to the building, removed latches and unhooked the leash holding the owl.
Word is that tawny owls are worth as much as $4,000 on the black market, and I can only assume that they are being bought by supervillains, who use them to decorate their lairs. Or, Harry Potter enthusiasts who can’t afford stamps.
Actually this is very uncool, and we shouldn’t make light of it. Small rodents are not too broken up over the news, however.
So will the actual Richard Sherman put some money where his very large mouth is and help raise a reward for Sherman’s safe return?
- Filed Under:
- Richard Sherman
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier