- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Bizarre Scene At European Youth Boxing Match, Ref Gets KO'd
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Brett Favre Isn’t Happy About Details Of His Tearful Team Meeting Leaking
As you’ve likely heard, Brett Favre apologized to his team in a meeting before last night’s 29-20 loss to the Jets for being a distraction. You also probably heard that later, some details of the meeting came out, courtesy of Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell. Here’s what Longwell shared:
“Brett Favre actually broke down in tears and was very emotional, saying, ‘I’m sorry to have been a distraction,’” [ESPN's Michelle] Tafoya said she was told by Longwell.
“I need you guys to carry me tonight,” Favre told the Vikings, as related by Longwell to Tafoya. “I’m ready to go out there and give it my best, but I don’t know what’s going to happen.”
His “best,” of course, included some classic Favre moments, like his 500th career touchdown pass and a late-game comeback…and a late-game interception returned for a touchdown that ended the Vikings’ realistic chances of winning. After the game, Favre spoke with reporters…but not about the Jenn Sterger controversy, and got in a swipe while he was at it:
Neither coach Brad Childress nor Favre would discuss what the quarterback said to his teammates in that meeting, but both confirmed the 20-year veteran addressed the team.
“That’s between me and my teammates, apparently not all of them,” Favre said, a reference to a teammate who might have divulged what was said.
Emphasis ours…and ouch. Sounds like Favre and Longwell might need to have themselves another private meeting…and we doubt Longwell would spill any details from that one. Tension between teammates – just another “distraction” resulting from the Favre-Sterger saga.
H/T Anthony De Rosa
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts