- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Brett Favre Isn’t Happy About Details Of His Tearful Team Meeting Leaking
As you’ve likely heard, Brett Favre apologized to his team in a meeting before last night’s 29-20 loss to the Jets for being a distraction. You also probably heard that later, some details of the meeting came out, courtesy of Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell. Here’s what Longwell shared:
“Brett Favre actually broke down in tears and was very emotional, saying, ‘I’m sorry to have been a distraction,’” [ESPN's Michelle] Tafoya said she was told by Longwell.
“I need you guys to carry me tonight,” Favre told the Vikings, as related by Longwell to Tafoya. “I’m ready to go out there and give it my best, but I don’t know what’s going to happen.”
His “best,” of course, included some classic Favre moments, like his 500th career touchdown pass and a late-game comeback…and a late-game interception returned for a touchdown that ended the Vikings’ realistic chances of winning. After the game, Favre spoke with reporters…but not about the Jenn Sterger controversy, and got in a swipe while he was at it:
Neither coach Brad Childress nor Favre would discuss what the quarterback said to his teammates in that meeting, but both confirmed the 20-year veteran addressed the team.
“That’s between me and my teammates, apparently not all of them,” Favre said, a reference to a teammate who might have divulged what was said.
Emphasis ours…and ouch. Sounds like Favre and Longwell might need to have themselves another private meeting…and we doubt Longwell would spill any details from that one. Tension between teammates – just another “distraction” resulting from the Favre-Sterger saga.
H/T Anthony De Rosa
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Wow Look At This Submission of the Week
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship