- Flop Life: Buy Vlade Divac's Fantastic Modern Home In Southern California
- Raptors Bringing Back Old-School Jerseys Next Season
- Todd McShay Is Convinced That The Texans Aren't Taking Johnny Manziel
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Chad Greenway Encourages All Vikings Fans To Be “Super-Duper Drunk” For Sunday’s Home Game Against Chicago
Sitting at 6-6 and third in the NFC North, the Minnesota Vikings are facing a season-defining game against the Chicago Bears on Sunday at the Metrodome. Although QB Christian Ponder has already thrown in the towel with his recent engagement, not every Minnesota Viking is willing to hang up the cleats for this season.
We’re thinking mostly of linebacker Chad Greenway, who is trying to artificially rally his fans for a greater good – the Vikings’ season.
Per the Star Tribune:
“‘We have to play accordingly and our fans have to show up accordingly, which we know they will,’ he said after Sunday’s loss at Green Bay. “Hopefully, they’re super- duper drunk. … So drink liquor, not beer.’
Well, that’s certainly not a PSA you see attached to a noon kickoff.
‘Yeah, I would say morning drinking,’ Greenway said. ‘Why not? You could pull an all-nighter. Then you’d have the drunk, tired guys who will really be obnoxious.’”
Clearly Chad Greenway has never read the Minnesota Vikings “Fan Code of Conduct,” which clearly states at the top of its list of “unruly behavior” the following: “Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.” But this is about Footbaw and Victory, so sometimes rules must be broken.
Now, we already know that Vikings fans enjoy some old-fashioned drunken carousing, so this request might not be out of line. And Greenway is a conscientious enabler, too, kindly reminding fans that liquor before beer and you’re in the clear. Unfortunately the 1:00 p.m. start might put a damper on the morning drinking, and an all-nighter might be difficult since the Gophers have a Saturday night basketball game at USC. But when your season’s on the line, you go the extra mile. And if they’re not up to the task, Bears fans, who have already proven their drinking mettle, will undoubtedly unleash their most obnoxious selves at the Metrodome. But we think Vikings fans will answer the call because “Dome is object of hope, affection.” Ha.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!