- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Stages Of A Gigantic Monday Night Football Choke Job: The Chargers’ Collapse, In Photos
The Chargers had themselves a full-on meltdown last night, squandering a 24-point halftime lead (at home, mind you) in an eventual 35-24 loss to the Broncos. We’ve been over this game some already, but it’s worth delving into a bit further. Surrendering 35 unanswered points hen you’ve been in complete control all game doesn’t just happen all at once: no, there are many phases through which such a large-scale self-destruction must pass. It’s not quite the five stages of grief, but as you’ll see below it’s the same basic idea. Behold: the breakdown of a Chargers breakdown. All photos via Getty:
Oh, and one more stage, actually: the “screw everything, man” stage. Via CJ Fogler:
And then it’s complete.
- Filed Under:
- San Diego Chargers
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts