- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Chris Cooley And His Wife Are Getting A Divorce
Some sad news out of DC: Chris Cooley, the lovably rambunctious tight end who was cut by the Redskins at the end of training camp, is divorcing his wife of four years, Christy Oglevee.
Cooley, who became a Redskins fan favorite for his hard-nosed style of play and his friendly treatment of the fanbase, and an internet fan favorite for accidentally blogging a photo of his junk and showing up to practice in teeny tiny shorts, met Oglevee when she was a Redskins cheerleader in 2005. (For photos of the two in happier times, head over to Busted Coverage.)
Soon, a passionate athlete-cheerleader romance was born. Oglevee was summarily fired for fraternizing with a player, but it worked out okay for her. As the Washington Post notes:
She lost her $75-a-game job but gained a fiance, who signed a $30 million-deal with the Skins in 2007.
The divorce, filed Aug. 29 in Loudoun County, has been in the works for months: The couple separated in January and, despite having no pre-nup, we’re told, have already hammered out a settlement deal.
Yes, divorce sucks, but one thing to take heart in: Cooley and Oglevee, who didn’t have a pre-nup agreement, have already come to terms on a settlement. This means no ugly details emerging in court; the closing acts of their relationship — a relationship which, in many respects, they overshared about — will remain private.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Chris Algieri: 'I Will Shock the World Again' vs. Pacquiao
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson