- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
This Photo Of Christian Ponder’s “Deep Triceps Bruise” Explains Why He Didn’t Play Against Green Bay
In Week 17, the Minnesota Vikings pulled off a 37-34 upset win over the Green Bay Packers to sneak into the playoffs. The win earned them a rematch at Lambeau Field in the AFC Wild Card on Saturday, a game which they lost 24-10 due in large part to Vikings QB Christian Ponder’s absence. Ponder was spectacular in the regular season finale, going 16-28 for 234 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs, but he also injured his triceps in the game. The injury, which we later found out is being called a “deep triceps bruise,” forced him to sit out the team’s season-ending playoff loss.
The injury occurred in the first half of Week 17, when a helmet banged into his throwing arm. Ponder continued playing, however, despite the discomfort. But as the week wore on leading up to the team’s first playoff game, it became more and more apparent that he wouldn’t be able to go. He eventually did sit out the playoff rematch, and backup Joe Webb struggled in the lopsided loss.
But to this point, the injury report has been rather vague. What exactly is a “deep triceps bruise”? According to Christian Ponder (via the Pioneer Press),
“It’s just a deep contusion. It’s basically a deep thigh bruise but in my throwing arm.”
Doesn’t sound too painful, though. Bruises kind of suck, in that ow-don’t-touch-me-there kind of way, but enough to stop a football player from playing football? Maybe Christian Ponder is just kind of a wuss.
Turns out he’s not, at all. Shari Gross of the Star-Tribune tweeted out the above photo of the deep triceps bruise, and it’s disgusting.
And to think he almost played through this.
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever